In my lifetime, I have read quite a number of people’s stories. Heard others speak of theirs. Some of joy and happiness, others of pain and struggle. Some of hope for the future, others of utter desperation.
And so this month, I finished reading the first of four books of the Healing Ruby Series by Jennifer Westall. She is an author of Christian fiction who capitalises on this gift to explore her journey of faith whilst sharing it with the world.
Ruby is a very young girl who comes to find out that she has a healing gift. Her parents, Abner and Elizabeth Graves seemed to have been aware of it given that Ruby’s uncle, Asa and the aunt of her grandmother, Sarah had a similar gift.
I would like to appreciate the author’s detail of Ruby’s inner thoughts and struggles. In addition to her persistence and courage in pursuing God’s will. I love most how she quotes Bible verses in the midst of difficult circumstances especially during the doubtful ones.
Despite all the obstacles life brought her way, she managed to embrace the light of her destiny. In my opinion, some were truly the Devil’s work to discourage her. Others were experiences meant to mature her faith. One such moment was when Abner Graves, her father died despite her fervent prayers for healing.
And indeed afterwards,through prayer and faith that Matthew (whose sister Mary was a friend and schoolmate to Ruby) was healed of Tuberculosis that had already killed his cousin and aunt. It was also through prayer and faith that Hannah’s excessive bleeding stopped after child birth. I must note that friendship with Hannah, a woman of black descent was very much frowned upon. Ruby, however still maintained it despite the was cost she had to pay when she was seriously beaten up as a warning.
This book for me, is a real representation of a true Christian’s life. The life of a person who has the heart and willingness to follow God’s directives and pursue their purpose on earth. Such an individual’s journey will never be a bed of roses.
- Theirs will be a journey of sacrifice. A journey of pain and struggles. A journey of tears. A journey of disappointments. A journey of battles. Even sometimes a journey of loneliness. You know why? Because such a person is light in the midst of darkness. And this darkness will put in every effort to turn off this light.
- But it is not all gloom and doom, there is definitely hope, my brothers and sisters. It is also a journey of VICTORY!! Can I hear some ululation please?🙌🙌💃💃💃🕺🕺🕺.
- Victory from our Creator, our Heavenly Father! He is God of Abraham, God of Jacob, God of Isaac and God of David. He is the Great I am and our Redeemer. He is the Kings of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is the Great Fortress and Refuge for all those who put their trust in Him!
- He is an Omnipresent and Omnipotent God. This means He is both all-present/infinite/boundless and all-powerful/almighty/supreme. He is matchless in power and worth. He creates and was not created. He is the Alpha and Omega!
- Just because the devil, the ancient serpent, had some influence on some angels and made them leave heaven with him, it will not change the fact that he can never rise to the level of his creator, our Jehovah!
I have tried to shorten this post for those who had a longer read with no pictures in the previous one (last week Friday) 😊😇🤣😉 So, in conclusion, if at all you forget everything else, then for the sake of pursuing a life of purpose in God’s will please remember this.
Isaiah 40-28-31. Have you not known? Have you not heard?The Lord is the everlasting God,the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary;his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint,and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary,and young men shall fall exhausted;but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;they shall mount up with wings like eagles;they shall run and not be weary;they shall walk and not faint.
Be blessed! See you next week Friday!!😇