Once upon a time, there was a man who had a project to accomplish within seven days. He had clear strategy and vision in him. So he decided to clearly articulate the details to all those under him before the start of the actual implementation. The next morning, this man rose early and the work began.
There were daily and specific tasks for all his people to do. They respected and trusted their leader to follow all his instructions to the latter. This was contributed to the fact that they benefited a lot from previous successful projects led by him. And so they had faith in him and no one disputed the tasks assigned to them. And on this specific project, they had much success on the seventh day. They managed to win against their competitors who seemed really capable of defeating them at the job.
After a victory celebration, the man reviewed their success and remembered during step 2 in setting of resolutions, they received much assistance from a connection they encountered. He made sure that his appreciation was delivered. The end of this story leads to the beginning of the continuation of last week’s post, hoping you had time to honestly and critically evaluate yourself together with your goals.
Image via Unsplash
What do you need to ensure that you accomplish the right goals? Well, in my opinion, the following ways can assist.
- Ensure You Have Fulfilled Steps 1 to 3. I mean, there is no way you can achieve any goals if you do not have any to achieve in the first place. Let them be resolutions. Feel free to read the previous post again. Have some vision of where you want to be and come up with ways you think can lead you to your destination. Get some research done about your objective if you do not have all the information. While you do all this, trust yourself to do the things you set out to do. Believe in yourself. I should nail this to my head every day 😉!!
- Do Not Allow Pride To Stand In Your Way. Since you are not a jack of all trades, do not be afraid to seek help in the actual implementation. I would suggest pray for guidance for people who can be part of your goals. My prayer for a long time has been to ask God to connect me to people that I need to be connected to for the purpose of my life.
- Communicate Well. This is not only for you to have it clearly in your head but also to those who are walking with you in your journey. Be willing to share and speak about your vision. Speaking with clarity brings out the confidence others will have of you. It helps raise trust and faith in them, meaning, they will eventually reciprocate by working hard on their part. When all is said and done, one thing am sure of is success that comes from God’s wisdom and guidance in all these steps.
- Give It Time. Well this one is also for me. Patience is not my cup of tea and this is a daily struggle of working to improvement. This is a personal area that I pray for grace to be sufficient but also acknowledge that I need to follow deliberate measures to become better. So with regards to resolutions, I plead with you to be patient and allow for process (quoting a friend of mine who sings this to me) to bring out the desired fruits. The story above is of a man who not only had vision and strategy but knew very well, he could not finish the project within one or two days but seven days. For others, this can be weeks or months or even years. Ever heard of the 10,000 hour or 10 years rule. This is from Outliers:The Story Of Success by Malcolm Gladwell. The author noted that almost all musical masterpieces were written after 10 years of the composer’s career. Out of 500 pieces that he studied, there were only three exceptions, which were written in years eight and nine.
- Celebrate. After reaching your destination, do not forget to celebrate yourself and all those that held your hand along the way. This is following the example of our creator who rested on the seventh day after fulfilling His own project. You can also celebrate your failures as lessons on future goals. I need to remember this also 😊😉!!
So, I had promised to reveal the book in today’s post as the source of the ways to set and achieve resolutions. And yes I will do. So here it is:The story at the beginning of this post including all the information I have shared since last week Friday is from the Book of Joshua 😇! Today’s post is specifically from Joshua chapter one, verse one to twenty seven. I picked out sections of chapter one to six for last week’s post. How this came about is when I watched a movie about Joshua’s story on television (Hope TV which is affiliated to my church) on a children’s christian movie, Super Book. Over time, I have come to acknowledge and appreciate that God’s word has all the answers to all life’s questions!!
Am glad I wrote this as everything I have written speaks to me and I very much identify with it all. Thank you so much for making time to read and please free to comment or reach out to in any of my social media handles below. God bless and see you next week 😇!!
#Resolution #June #HappyNewYear #Hopeforyouandme